Strictly Business

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Strictly Business

Not dead mo'fucka

-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

+16
rocaman
mokonzi
YAK-B
JP Kof Kof
GTD
Admin
Suvann
Tweak
Randy Watson
east.fo.cho
Malamati
Ghost Dog
GweN
bibi
Wilson Fisk
Mega
20 participants

Raekwon

Wilson Fisk
    Wilson Fisk

Raekwon - Page 2 Empty Re: Raekwon

Message par Wilson Fisk Mar 21 Juil - 9:03

Randy Watson a écrit:

13. G-hide (Feat. Ghostface Killah)
    (Prod. Negro)

Haha...

NECRO !
    JP Kof Kof
    JP Kof Kof

Message par JP Kof Kof Mar 21 Juil - 11:03

j'y peux rien dès que je vois une tracklist j reprends espoir, c'est beau le groupisme quand même.
    Suvann
    Suvann

Message par Suvann Mar 21 Juil - 11:21

Ca fait bien longtemps que j'attends plus grand chose du mec, et du crew en général, ce qui me permet d'avoir parfois quelques bonnes surprises (mais rien de transcendant), et là pareil, mais bon y'aura peut-être 2/3 tracks qui claquent, notamment les featurings... sinon j'trouve aussi qu'il y a trop de tracks.
    Wilson Fisk
    Wilson Fisk

Message par Wilson Fisk Mar 21 Juil - 11:28

G-Hide arrache. C'est déjà ça
    bibi

Message par bibi Mar 21 Juil - 13:13

ca metonnerait que ce soit la vrai
    sinon esperons qu'il y a des sons enregistré il y a quelques années
    parce que raekwon aujourd'hui il endort
    GweN
    GweN

Message par GweN Mar 21 Juil - 13:14

Il a presque plu de flow le gros Rae
    Wilson Fisk
    Wilson Fisk

Message par Wilson Fisk Mer 22 Juil - 11:21

Dans une vidéo récente Raekwon a dit que l'album contiendra 18-20 titres.

Des titres vont peut-être sauter.

Par contre, pas de trace de The Game, Young Jeezy, Bun B et Fat Joe comme annoncé...
    Wilson Fisk
    Wilson Fisk

Message par Wilson Fisk Jeu 23 Juil - 17:40

Une review qui tourne...

FIRST REVIEW

Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 Review (WORLD EXCLUSIVE)
    July 21st, 2009 · 1 Comment
    “A Toast To The Best To Ever Do It”

Lyric on final track of the album

A few hours ago, I had the pleasure of being the only blogger/journalist/anyone who has had a chance to listen to the much anticipated “Only Built For Cuban Linx 2″;.

Every since speaking with Raekwon the last time he was in town, I’ve been very excited to hear this project and honestly, it doesn’t disappoint.

Below are just some of my thoughts. At this stage, I don’t have titles for the tracks but do have most of the features and production credits. Hope you enjoy it

The album starts with a skit. The beat is soulful, very smooth.

A voice that begins to speak. Its Papa Wu and he’s speaking to the rapper.

“Yo Rae, that you baby, heard all these things about you … we went through so many trials and tribulation, watch the people that cheat you”. Not only is Papa Wu dropping knowledge, but he reminds the listener just how far the rapper from Staten has come.

Already from the sound of the track and the opening skit, it sets up a mature album without the raw, gritty sound we are familiar with on Only Built For Cuban Linx.

Rae has gone through so much and hes taken it in his stride.

Track 1

Starts off with the classic Shaolin fighting sounds. I think to myself, this is a RZA beat. As the upbeat track is in full flow, I’m still thinking this is a RZA beat. I’m completely wrong, its actually a J-Dilla beat.

Already bopping my head, Rae fires some dope rhymes and some swagger “I’ve always been an ill dude”. Ghostface then rolls through and adds some style. Method Man is also featured on this joint. This is the album version, but the single version which will drop next week will have GZA on the hook. Its called “Flying Daggers”

Track 2

Pete Rock produces this next street and grimey track. Its a street tale and its vintage Raekwon.

He’s looking to make that paper. One line he raps “I haven’t got my money yet”

The third track on the album features Erick Sermon. It has good chemistry. This is followed by what I’m guessing will be called “Its cold outside”. It has the hook from Rainy Days “Its cold outside” but essentially the track is about Raekwon and everything he’s faced from his street life, his music right through to the present. It also features Ghostface.

Track 6 on the album is produced by the legendary RZA with a rich sounding record. “That black Mozart shit right here”, that’s a lyric that sums up the track.

This is followed by a skit with Raekwon flossing. “yo where them Levi’s at”. He picks out some Gucci.

Then the album goes into some vintage Raekwon and Ghostface. The chemistry is still there, they compliment each other very well. It has an old school feel to it. This is followed by Criminology 2.

Then the album takes a mature turn. Something we didnt hear on the first album, soulful beats. This is the first of many tracks that show the Chef reflecting. “In order to be a general, you still need to be a solider”.

The hook goes “The Fat Lady Sings”.

A skit follow this and it seems Raekwon is getting cut out of the street life. A person says to Rae “The bosses dont want to war with you … delete the friendship”.

Then comes one of my favourite joints on the album. Its another Dilla beat. It had my face all screwed up! It features Ghostface. The joint has that Wu feeling. I was expecting the great late Dilla to come with a Wu-sounding record but he comes hard!

Then comes another mature sounding track. Its a RZA produced one. Its a chilled out record, something you can zone out to. It features a German singer on the hook who is very very talented.

Track 15 is one of few Dr. Dre tracks on the album. Raekwon raps “I grew up on the bad side” and later “talking that cocaine rap, that’s what we live for”.

I knew straight away that the track was produced by Dre. The use of the piano said it all.

As that song fades out, I’m still on the sofa wondering whats going to come next!

I hear the Shaolin fighting sounds, im expecting Method Man or Inspectah Deck, instead I hear the raspy voice of Yonkers own, Jadakiss. This is definitely a street joint. Styles also blesses the track.

The legend that is Slick Rick does the hook on the next joint. He sings “we will, we will rock you”. Slick doesn’t rhyme on the record, he just does the hook. Raekwon comes through with his vintage flow. What’s amazing is that the joint was produced by GZA’s teenage son Kareem who I’m told is about 15-16 but I’m not sure.

As the album comes to a close, I’m still wondering what more can I expect. In my mind, I’m thinking if I’m going to hear the Nas record, was it done? Did Esco come through??

But then my attention is taken away by Beanie Sigel who features on a joint and he KILLS it!!! Good energy and its compliments the Chef. The track is about life in jail and being trapped. Sigel came through on that joint for real!

We are on track 19 now, its another chilled joint with a soulful sample. Its not as grimy and funnily enough, it will appeal to the female Wu Tang fans. I say “funnily enough” because even the males gonna like this track (i think i’ll say no homo at this point lol). But seriously, a nice joint but the only difference between this and the other tracks is the content. Rae is talking more about boats, Gucci, Louis Vuitton. Its a feel-good joint and Rae asks the listener to “Walk with me”.

Alchemist record also makes the cut. You already know its a street record with the Wu-Tang member going in hard. This is followed by a fantastic Dr. Dre beat. Its a horn filled track. This beat is banging. I was trying to pick out lines but the beat was so nice, i found myself just enjoying Rae flowing effortlessly with Dr. Dre behind the boards. Real nice Hip Hop joint.

The album is coming to a close now. While reeling over some of the joints I’ve heard so far, I didn’t manage to catch the next one. I think the following line from the hook summed up the track. “Who can you trust, look up ahead, you know we got sharpshooters”.

The final track on the album, which RZA co-produced I hear. This will be the biggest surprise to everyone but a VERY nice one at that.

The track opens with a skit. New Wu plays in the background, there’s loads of chatter and it seem like Raekwon is walking through a crowd with them praising him. There’s fireworks followed by a pop of a champagne bottle…its a celebration.

“Toast to the best who ever done it”.

This beat is actually my favourite of the album. Firstly whats crazy about it is it samples Elton John’s “Yellow brick Road”. Its a classic Elton joint. Now I’m bugging out. I’m thinking “DAAAMN, Raekwon got Elton John to give the go-ahead. Elton has only given his work to Tupac, Kanye West and a UK artist by the name of Ironik.

The story goes….

RZA and Elton are good friends, RZA reached out to Elton and told him about the project. They sent the beat to Elton and he immediately signed off on the record and actually really likes it.

A great end to a solid album.

Ok, so there’s no Nas on the album. I know everyone is disappointed and I’m sure both Nas & Rae are too but it doesnt take away from the fact that Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 is a solid effort.

The production on it is tight. There isn’t one joint where I’m going “yeah, I’ll skip that”. The album has a variety. There’s joints on there to get you hyped, a joint to listen with your lady, a joint to zone out on and a classic Wu-Tang posse cut.

I know people will ask “Is it better than the first OBFCL?”. My response would be, don’t compare Raekwon to Raekwon, compare the album to whats out now. The first album was in a different time, the artist was in a different place so it would be impossible to compare.

The features are pretty good. I didn’t get to hear Erick Sermon’s verse but in terms of guest verses that I heard, Beanie Sigel kills it with his rhymes. But Masta Killa, Inspectah Deck, Method Man, Jadakiss, Styles P, and of course Ghostface all appear on the record

Has the Chef lost any game? Hell no! Is his flow still flawless? Hell yes!

I definitely want to hear the album again just to listen to the lyrics.

September 8th is the release date. I suggest Hip Hop fans pick this one up.

Raekwon aint nothing to f*ck with, Wu-Tang Clan aint nothing to f*ck with!!!
    Suvann
    Suvann

Message par Suvann Jeu 23 Juil - 19:52

J'ai arrêté à la deuxième ligne: "la dernière fois que j'ai parlé à Raekwon..." = une leçon d'objectivité
    Sans lire la fin, il doit sûr sortir que Raekwon fait son grand retour, qu'il va tout casser, etc.
    YAK-B
    YAK-B

Equipes favorites : FC Girondins de Bordeaux

Message par YAK-B Jeu 23 Juil - 20:19

Has the Chef lost any game? Hell no! Is his flow still flawless? Hell yes!
    Comment espère-t-il être crédible ? Suspect
    Randy Watson
    Randy Watson

Message par Randy Watson Jeu 30 Juil - 11:32

Au lieu de jouer vos blasés, House Of Flying Daggers est à écouter dans la 2e partie de cette itw :

http://grandgood.com/2009/07/30/noisemakers-with-peter-rosenberg-raekwon-audio/

Ca a l'air d'être pas mal du tout. L'interview en général est cool...

Le beat en question :

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6336066059fe2770/
    JP Kof Kof
    JP Kof Kof

Message par JP Kof Kof Jeu 30 Juil - 12:17

putain j me maudis de pas avoir apporté mes écouteurs au taf aujourd hui............................. et puis non tant mieux, j vais essayer de skipper toutes les previews.
    Randy Watson
    Randy Watson

Message par Randy Watson Ven 31 Juil - 11:45

http://www.zshare.net/audio/63405673c942f19e/

Rip de Hot 97 de House Of Flying Daggers.
    Malamati
    Malamati

Message par Malamati Ven 31 Juil - 13:57

bon morceau ouai.
    Wilson Fisk
    Wilson Fisk

Message par Wilson Fisk Dim 9 Aoû - 13:35

Les versions US et UK seront différentes :

http://www.amazon.com/Only-Built-Cuban-Linx-Vol/dp/tracks/B002GZQZX8/ref=dp_tracks_all_1disc_1

U.S. Version

1. Return Of The North Star (Interlude) feat Poppa Wu [prd by BT]
    2. House Of Flying Daggers feat Rebel INS, Ghostface, Method Man & GZA [prd by J. Dilla]
    3. Sonny’s Missing [prd by Pete Rock]
    4. Pyrex Vision [prd by Marley Marl]
    5. Cold Outside feat Ghostface & Sugar Bang Bang [prd by ATL]
    6. Black Mozart feat Rebel INS [prd by RZA]
    7. New Wu feat Ghostface & Method Man [prd by RZA]
    8. Penitentiary feat Ghostface [prd by BT]
    9. Surgical Gloves [prd by Alchemist]
    10. Broken Safety feat Jadakiss & Styles P [prd by Scram Jones]
    11. Canal Street
    12. Ason Jones [prd by J. Dilla]
    13. Have Mercy feat Beanie Sigel & Blue Raspberry
    14. 10 Bricks Cappadonna & Ghostface [prd by J. Dilla]
    15. Fat Lady Sings [prd by RZA]
    16. Catalina feat Lyfe Jennings [prd by Dr. Dre]
    17. We Will Rob You feat GZA, Masta Killa & Slick Rick [prd by Justice]
    18. About Me [prd by Dr. Dre??]
    19. Mean Streets feat Rebel INS & Ghostface [prd by Mathematics]
    20. Kiss The Ring feat Rebel INS & Masta Killa [prd by Scram Jones]
    21. South Star feat Poppa Wu

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Only-Built-Cuban-Linx-Pt/dp/tracks/B002I639UC/ref=dp_tracks_all_1disc_1

U.K. Version

1. Return Of The North Star (Interlude) feat Poppa Wu [prd by BT]
    2. House Of Flying Daggers feat Rebel INS, Ghostface, Method Man & GZA [prd by J. Dilla]
    3. Sonny’s Missing [prd by Pete Rock]
    4. Pyrex Vision [prd by Marley Marl]
    5. Cold Outside feat Ghostface & Sugar Bang Bang [prd by ATL]
    6. Godfather feat Rebel INS
    7. New Wu feat Ghostface & Method Man [prd by RZA]
    8. Penitentiary feat Ghostface [prd by BT]
    9. Criminology Part II feat Ghostface [prd by BT & RZA]
    10. Fat Lady Sings [prd by RZA]
    11. Canal Street
    12. 10 Bricks Cappadonna & Ghostface [prd by J. Dilla]
    13. The G-Hide feat Ghostface [prd by Necro]
    14. Rockstars & Smoking Barrels feat Rebel INS & GZA [prd by RZA]
    15. Catalina feat Busta Ryhmes [prd by Dr. Dre]
    16. 40 Deuce feat Jadakiss & Styles P [prd by Scram Jones]
    17. Walk Wit Me [prd by Scram Jones]
    18. We Will Rob You feat GZA, Masta Killa & Slick Rick [prd by Justice]
    19. Have Mercy feat Beanie Sigel
    20. Surgical Gloves [prd by Alchemist]
    21. n*gga Me [prd by Dr. Dre]
    22. Mean Streets feat Rebel INS [prd by Mathematics]
    23. Kiss The Ring feat Rebel INS & Masta Killa [prd by Scram Jones]
    24. Ason Jones [prd by J. Dilla]

Je pense que ça sera la UK pour moi
    GTD
    GTD

Message par GTD Dim 9 Aoû - 15:52

Apparement il aurait castagné Joe Budden la nuit dernière.
    Wilson Fisk
    Wilson Fisk

Message par Wilson Fisk Dim 9 Aoû - 16:58

J'croyais que c'était Inspectah Deck à un concert y a déjà quelques semaines...

Haha si c'est ça, il a fait une D-Wu-Blette
    GTD
    GTD

Message par GTD Lun 10 Aoû - 1:23

C'est assez marrant de voir comment ça s'est déroulé (c'était au Rock The Bells) :

Raekwon - Page 2 Aaraejoe

Joe est sur son ordi (étonnant) avec Mickey Factz, en streaming via blogtv. Et là v'la Raekwon avec 7 types, afin de formuler une demande d'éclairssissements à l'ami Joey...

Raekwon - Page 2 Joebuddenvsraekwon

...apparement il y a un problème avec le streaming...

...ah ça y est...

Raekwon - Page 2 Joebuddenholdingice

On remarquera qu'entre temps Mickey Factz a disparu...et que Rae a fait sa catin.

Evidemment sur les forums us ça se déchainent :

Raekwon - Page 2 Hoebuddens
    GweN
    GweN

Message par GweN Lun 10 Aoû - 1:46

Ca fait pas vrai du tout ses blessures, il y a anguille sous roche
    GTD
    GTD

Message par GTD Lun 10 Aoû - 1:53

Nan mais la dernière photo c'est juste un foutage de gueule de la part de nerds, mais le reste est vrai, Budden a fait une vidéo juste après avec son sac de glaçons sur la tronche pour confirmer.
    JP Kof Kof
    JP Kof Kof

Message par JP Kof Kof Lun 10 Aoû - 16:13

wu-tang clan aint nuthin to fuck with

bien fait pour sa gueule, il avait qu'à pas l'ouvrir.
    c'est comme partout, tu t'attaques au mauvais gars, faut pas venir chialer après parce que tu te fais étaler à 5 contre 1..
    fallait juste y réfléchir avant.

(enfin j dis ça, mais ça a quand même une bonne odeur de coup monté là, quand tu regardes les releases dates...)
    GTD
    GTD

Message par GTD Lun 10 Aoû - 21:31

Pour moi venir à plusieurs pour allonger un type ça reste quelque chose assimilable aux actions d'une putain.
    Malamati
    Malamati

Message par Malamati Mar 11 Aoû - 0:07

t' es trop romantique mon gars!
    mokonzi
    mokonzi

Message par mokonzi Mar 11 Aoû - 2:39

GTD a écrit:Pour moi venir à plusieurs pour allonger un type ça reste quelque chose assimilable aux actions d'une putain.

ok mais dans la vie si t'as pas les moyens de tes paroles tu fermes ta gueule
    JP Kof Kof
    JP Kof Kof

Message par JP Kof Kof Mar 11 Aoû - 17:16

voilà exactement!!!
    Wilson Fisk
    Wilson Fisk

Message par Wilson Fisk Dim 23 Aoû - 12:30

Snippet

http://www.amazon.com/Only-Built-Cuban-Linx-Vol/dp/B002GZQZX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1250985809&sr=8-1

A suivre...
    Randy Watson
    Randy Watson

Message par Randy Watson Lun 24 Aoû - 14:46

10 Bricks tue.